Thursday, January 17, 2008

Second Entry

I believe that I can learn to write well because I have confidence I'm my writing ability, and know that I can correct my mistakes. My writing tends to be good but I usually have minor errors, such as making sentences flow together, and grammar. All of these problems are very correctable and I can change my bad habits, and begin to learn new, better habits. Also, I think that I need to do what Ballenger says in chapter one and that is to forget all previous learning or nit picky rules and to throw them out the window. I think I should be more open to new techniques even if I am not familiar with them, and hopefully that will have a positive impact on my writing skills. Also I believe through all our small class writing exercises, and discussions I can become more comfortable with my writing style. This will help me to write better, and a think be a little bit more relaxed when I am writing, rather than being a little apprehensive and hesitant on what I say and if it sounds good or not. However, I think that I should look at my papers more tentatively before I turn them in, because I tend to read them and they usually sounds alright to me, and I think I need to reread them multiple times, and get other to read over them as well. Overall I think that if I am open to changing, my writing will improve a great deal.

No comments: